
On my way back down south I was contacted by an editor at The Joplin Globe - he wanted to do a last minute interview/live on-camera song to promote my show the next day! (Thank you so much Joe for the warm welcome.) Because of how last minute it was, I had to get ready in the press dressing room. Ooh la la!
Here is the link to the article/video The Globe posted about me:
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/lifestyles/newsroom-concerts-singing-folk-like-riding-a-bike-for-elle/article_e9e5f0f6-0f8e-11e5-b3f4-83fab8053c76.html
I made some new fans in Joplin, MO.

I arrived back at my OK home-stay to southern hospitality at it's finest! Check out the meal my hosts made for me:

To say "thank you" to my fabulous hosts Chris and Jennifer, I decided to bake them an apple-blueberry pie and chocolate-chip-oatmeal cookies:


And then.. It was time to say bye-for-now to Oklahoma and my good friends.
Thursday June 11th: Bear's Place Fayetteville, AR
The irony of this was that I was actually born in AR - moved away when I was a wee baby of one-year-old. Still, as a semi-native Arkansas-girl this was my first time performing in this state!
Friday June 12th: The Bay Warrensburg, MO
About a week ago my mother-in-law asked me to write a song for her about faith, for a video competition she was doing. Now, I'm not a religious girl but I am very spiritual so between a few car-ride brainstorms and after-show jams, I came up with this:
https://soundcloud.com/ellecarpenter/i-believe-it
The sound engineer at The Bay kindly offered to help me record it. And we did it live, right in the bar, the day of my show. I recorded the lead vocals and guitar together, in one take. Then, I laid a back up vocal over that. I think it turned out pretty good for what it was! And my Ma-Patty was very pleased so mission accomplished! Thank you Jay for your help.
The highlight of my night was that I had an awesome backing band playing with me. Here's a video of us playing one of my songs from my first album, "Days Go By":
Bottom line: it was a fun night.
Saturday June 13th: Bodee's Cole Camp, MOBelow you will see two pictures of an avid and awesome fan. Ryan came to both my Warrensburg and Cole Camp shows and even showed up wearing my t-shirt he got the night before. For the record, I love it when people wear my t-shirts :-)
I also got a backing band for this night. We had fun!


I just happened to be in Cole Camp for the raising of the flag pole (at least I think that's what that thing is;-) Good times.
Sunday June 14th: Cooper's Landing Columbia, MO
I was supposed to play for 3 hours and I had only played 60 minutes when a storm came along! I GOT RAINED OUT. If you watch (or rather, listen to) the video below you will hear the downpour. Everyone ducked inside..
That's all I got for you today - I'm off to St. Louis tomorrow. xo, Elle








I LOVE the song you wrote for me on taking a leap of Faith!! You & Jay nailed it! Thank you both. I think you need to take a leap of Faith too & write more like this. You help to touch another audience with words that speak to them on many, many levels. Your composition, voice and musical talents are your God given gift, share with all audiences!! Love Ya, Ma-Patty
ReplyDeleteHope to get together again one day.....Popz from Missouri............
ReplyDeleteMe too Popz.. Me too.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome blog! It's so you to make delicious cookies as a thank you :) The video days go by didn't work – can you send it to me?
ReplyDeleteAmi yes I'll post that vid on YouTube at some point soon. Glad you like my "thank you" strategies :-)
Delete