This was a venue I had played at before. Saw some good friends and met some new ones! Ate delicious New Orleans style food. And it turns out that one of the artists I played with (see pic to left) is playing the same show with me in New Orleans. Below is a video clip of the bluegrass band Forelorn Strangers who played after us:
The friends with whom I stayed in the St. Louis area are people I've written music with in the past (the song "Missing You (is Loving You)" was co-written by Jeremy Wright - the guy in picture below). We thought that while I was in town we would knock out a quick song! Julie had a great idea for a song concept and the first two verses. I pulled from some random lyrics I'd written on the road and we used those for the chorus. Jeremy came up with the guitar part. We all helped with the melody. It turned out awesome and so we decided to video the first version from that day!
Here is the link to our new song, "Brave Girl":
After St. Louis I had a day off and so I decided to visit some friends in Illinois. Pictures below involve late-night jamming with Caleb Martin and special cuddles with little Khloe - not in the picture are Mama Autumn Martin and Kaden, the very-energetic-six-year-old who looks exactly like his little sis. Also not in the picture is the gigantic flood in both their front and back yard which will hopefully hit the daily news in Illinois very soon - the contractor who built their house too low, the inspector who approved it, and the city whose road drains directly into their front lawn is now saying that they can do nothing about it. I have faith that this issue can and will be resolved or the people responsible will suffer. The lesson here? Don't mess with a sports anchor who has connections with TV stations or your deepest secrets will be revealed someway, somehow!
Wednesday June 17th Haymarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville, KY
This was a venue that I had never played at and I ended up playing for a crowd of about 40 people. Not bad at all for my first time in Louisville.
That night I drove all the way up to Walkerton, IN to visit some family who I rarely see. We had a very nice day (Thursday was another day off for me) - hung out with Baby Mac, picked strawberries and ate treats.

Mama Nichole and baby Mac.
Me and the strawberry bush.
Strawberries ready to be made into jam.
Mac helping me stretch!
I just arrived in Evansville, IN to a hopping bar and lounge called Bokeh Lounge. There is currently a fundraiser going on for the prospective mayor of Evansville, so I am listening to a reggae cover act and eating yummy appetizers while I type this entry for you all.
One last thing for today:
Jackson, MS is apparently excited to have me play this Sunday. They wrote a very nice article about me as an artist.
http://t.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2015/jun/17/self-made-songstress/
It's going to be very busy for the next week, with the show tonight, three shows in Mississippi and then one show in New Orleans before I head back up to Nashville next Thursday. Catch you then!
xo,
Elle


No comments:
Post a Comment