Sunday Aug 16, 2015 The Rusty Rudder in Mount Pleasant, SC:
I enjoyed this show. While many restaurant gigs are purely money-makers for a touring musician (I say "purely" because often the patrons think of you as their live juke-box) this restaurant seemed to have many music-loving patrons. Besides getting paid, the customers clapped and the staff complimented me. Fun stuff.
I had a few lovely days off in the Charleston, SC area and was excited to spend time with these munchkins:
The picture above was taken at the children's museum which was quite impressively set up, using scientific facts and experiments to create fun games for the kids. Fun+knowledge = well rounded children. We made paper airplanes in their arts and crafts room.
AND that whole day rain was dumping down. Apparently its quite normal for the streets of Charleston to flood.. Looking something like this:
We just barely managed to stay dry.. And making faces never gets old.
While in Charleston I was also able to visit the Boone Plantation which is a childhood dream of mine. I used to watch the historic fiction series North & South (Patrick Swayze, Kirstie Alley, Forrest Whitaker, & many more peoples' big debuts as actors). I am pretty sure that this plantation became so famous BECAUSE of North & South. My childhood knowledge of American History definitely expanded as a result of the show. Here's my favorite point of view:
Thanks brother Joe for taking me there!
And the next day it was time to head to Alabama for more shows.
Thursday Aug 21, 2015 Maggie Meyer's Irish Pub in Huntsville, AL:
Let me show you an example of how close I like to stay to the venues where I'm playing. I find that the less stress involved the better my show will be.
I stayed at an AirB&B and was very intrigued to find a green tea flavored KitKat bar. My host must've gone abroad at some point.. Looked cool and tasted gross!
The show was good. I was impressed by the caliber of minds who were in my audience that night. First night in Alabama = success.
After another two hour drive down to Anniston, AL I have arrived at a gorgeous B&B which has maintained it's historic structure in an amazing way. The fastest way to go upstairs to my room is via the old servants staircase, a gorgeous wooden winding thing! I feel like I'm staying at Downton Abbey. Here's my room:
I am here for two nights, with two shows at different locations. I'll let you know how it all goes in the next blog entry!
Until then..
Elle
No comments:
Post a Comment