Sunday, August 9, 2015

Mrs. Hockett Goes On Tour

As some of you might remember, my tour was intercepted by none other than my very own wedding!  I am now a married woman and here are two pictures from the big day:




We had a lovely honeymoon in Quebec and Maine and now my tour has started up again.

Wednesday August 5th The Legendary Dobbs in Philadelphia, PA


I received a warm welcome by some fellow musicians and enjoyed being on beautiful South Street in Philly.  Something very cool that happened was that I met one of my Facebook friends in person - she had friended me because of my music and circus experience and she just happened to be playing the same show as me in Philly.  Small world.  Meet my friend Julia:



Here are some pictures from the Air B&B where I stayed, less than a mile from where I was playing, on the third floor of a beautiful town house with an enchanting spiral staircase leading up to my room.  Check out the street sign ;-)




Goodbye Philly!
Thursday August 6th The V Spot in Scranton, PA:

The only thing I used to think of when I heard the name "Scranton, PA" was The Office.  Now, that name to me signifies kind and friendly people, music lovers, a diverse crowd, and people who look you in the eye when they speak with you.  Here are some of my new friends:



Friday August 7th Avenue 209 Coffeehouse in Lock Haven, PA:

Check out where I got to stay during this show!



This was a lovely show.  It was mostly middle aged to elderly people and they absolutely loved my music!  Very encouraging :-)  I'm looking forward to playing there next year.

Saturday August 8th The Purple Fiddle in Thomas, WV:

What a gorgeous location this was.  Not only physically but the vibe was just amazing.  As I played my two hour afternoon set the room gradually filled up and then a downpour started.  Truly the most magical afternoon I've had in a while.  





After my show I took some pix with new fans and then checked into the hostel upstairs.  (One couple I met who had previously checked me out online wrote a list of artists I reminded them of.  See below :-).  Luckily I got some rest time before checking out the nighttime band around 10 pm.  They were just excellent - a female fronted folk-rock band.  






It's was a wonderful week all in all and now I am in Marshall, NC getting ready to play a show at Good Stuff.  They just fed me the most delicious burger I have had all year!  I am not over-exaggerating.  See pics below.  The first one is my view driving into Marshall :-)


That's all for now.  Catch ya later!

-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment