Considering it was my very first time playing in Lubbock I think the show went well. There were about 100 people there, drinking and being merry and after my show was over a man showed up to see me play. He was sorely disappointed that he missed my show and asked me to play one more song. Even though I was exhausted and ready to go back to my hotel and sleep, I agreed to play the one and only song in Spanish I've ever written: Solo Quiero Tu Amor. The bar was closing down and I sang un-amplified in Spanish to a small crowd of five people. They were almost in tears when I finished and the man bought an album and tipped me $30. These are the moments that I live for.
Here is a link to that song on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/solo-quiero-tu-amor-just-want/id517275039
June 2, 2015 Norman, OK:
First time in Norman, I checked in to the bar where I was playing (the Red Brick Bar) and because it was a smoking bar, I decided to give my vocal chords a little love with some hot tea. I wandered down the street to the first cafe I found and saw that they had live music going! As I was waiting at the counter a kindly middle-aged man decided to compliment my Led Zeppelin t-shirt. He seemed friendly so I told him what I was up to and asked who were the people performing. It turns out I had wandered into the anniversary party for the Association of Song Writers in Norman. They insisted I play a song; in ten minutes I was handed an acoustic guitar and I sang a song from my second album, called "Go".
Here is a link to the album with that song on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/with-open-hands/id476651433
June 3, 2015 Tulsa, OK
Now this was a very special gig for me, set up by a very good friend and fan who has been a tireless supporter of Elle Carpenter the musician. (AND I got to stay on his beautiful property with ducks and geese and deer and cats and dogs :-)
Around 8:30 pm I traipsed into an art gallery bar and set up to play. About 10 people were there just to see me. And some others had wandered in. I sang my new album from start to finish and the whole time, all eyes and ears were on me and when I left the stage I received such sweet comments from the listeners. This was the closest to a "listening room" vibe that I've had so far on this tour. Very rewarding. We have high hopes that it'll be much easier to book me in Tulsa now that I have started a small and faithful following :-)OH YES!! Here is a link to my new album, "Life Just Happens to You":
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/life-just-happens-to-you/id989001512
June 4, 2015 DAY OFF
June 5, 2015
I have arrived in Kansas City, KS - via Colorado, Texas, and Oklahoma. I am about to play my fourth show out of twenty four shows this month! I'll check back in with all of you afterwards :-)
love,
Elle


Hey Elle..The Blue Whale At Catoosa Ok. (outside Tulsa) Cool! I live in Nashville(Franklin) now..Moved from Tulsa here 3 years ago..Have alot of musician friends in the Tulsa area..I still write with Blues/Rock great Scott Ellison over there..
ReplyDeleteCool Jim! Thanks for checking out my blog :-)
Delete