(Above is my new friend Kelly that I met in Evansville.)
Below is a video of the rain coming down. And this video was not the heaviest of downpours!
The distance between Evansville, IN and Biloxi, MS was the longest distance between shows on this tour. I broke up the 10 hours by staying in Nashville (2.5 hrs south of Evansville) and then only had 7.5 hours to drive on Saturday. Besides being a little groggy while leaving Nashville, it all worked out. Here's how I handled my grogginess with classical music:
Saturday June 20th - Voodoo Cantina Biloxi, MS
I arrived in Biloxi with just enough time to check into the bed and breakfast before heading to my show. And my goodness was it beautiful!
The show was fun. I made some new fans and enjoyed my first night in the thick Mississippi heat. It was some guy in the audience's birthday and they gave me two cupcakes before they left:
Sunday June 21st - Soul Wired Cafe Jackson, MS
What a cool venue this is! The owner is an absolute sweetheart and she has created a gorgeous arts community with her space. She hosts slam poetry and visual artists and musicians and is an appreciator of them all.
I was excited to get my article in hard-copy format:
This very nice gentleman, Matthew bought dinner for me and Soul (the owner). We had fish tacos and guacamole.
I headed back down to the B&B in Biloxi with food and a considerably lighter merch case. I've got some new fans in Jackson! Can't wait to go back.
And when I woke up today, this was my morning blessing:
I've got one more Mississippi show tonight and then off to New Orleans tomorrow - I'll catch up with you all when I'm back in Nashville later this week.
xo,
Elle













Wishing you safe travels and looking forward to seeing you soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jill! Can't wait to see you in a week or two :-)
Delete